Essay writing is an art. It needs creativity and skills to craft a good essay. Some students find it as a challenge while some find it as a way to express their thoughts and opinions. Here we will give you some tips to improve upon your essay writing skills.
Points to keep in mind while writing an essay:
- Avoiding repetition- Repeating words, phrases can kill the beauty of your essay. Avoid repeating words, phrases, etc. If need be, replace them with something similar.
- Use of active voice- Use of active voice breathes life into your essay. This means that subject of the sentence performs the action. It does not receive the action. You need to know who is performing the action. In other words, identify the subject and then move that subject in front of the verb and make the necessary changes.
- Avoid idioms and clichés- Readers always wants to listen original ideas. Instead of using processed and canned statements you should always use something of your own. This will surely improve your writing skills and will attract reader’s attention.
- Spelling check- You should always run a spell check. Find all the errors before handing it over to someone. Save yourself some embarrassment by checking for the spelling mistakes.
- Second opinion do matters- Sometimes it is necessary to ask for opinion of others. You can take help from someone if you want to. It works a great deal.
- Develop the habit of reading- Reading others peoples’ essay can help you a lot in building and developing your own style. Try reading some essays from wide variety of subjects.
- Vocabulary building- If you have a good vocabulary then you will be able to express your ideas and opinions easily. This will also help in avoiding repetitive words.
Plagiarism has indeed proven itself as a major problem in this modern world of ours now. People can easily copy the work of other people and claim it as their own original work without citing the source. That is simply intolerable and downright illegal. If you are going to use content written by another individual, then you need to attribute it to them, because this is what copyright law says. Thankfully, there is a plagiarism checker online now.
Common Creative is one of the best copyright that is being used in today’s internet. If ever you want to use another individual’s work as a quote, then you first need to check its own copyright. Always remember that you need to credit the original writer of that specific phrase or word.
The Importance of Having One
This is the very reason that if you are a writer, you should always understand the tool that you need to have when you work. The very vital tool that a writer can have beside him or her is a plagiarism tool. One example of that is CopyScape. CopyScape is one of the most well known plagiarism checkers in the planet. What you need to do is just to purchase 100 article checks that is worth $5. You just copy paste the content that you want to check. And there you have it, it instantly checks it for any signs of plagiarism.
Plagiarism in the Internet
There are still a lot of plagiarism checkers in the internet. Some are even free. However, you should see to it that it is a legitimate checker and that it is 99% precise. Some of the plagiarism tools are free to try and you need to buy if you want to use for long term.
There are free-to-try plagiarism tools, however, most of these are unusable if you are going to use it long term. Depending on the types of plagiarism tools you need, most of the free tools are sufficient enough to check for plagiarism in articles.