Here are few mistakes which an SEO beginner makes, I’m posting them here so that you can avoid them from the beginning only. This is my personal experience from what I have learned and have improved my mistakes.
- Content is critical; you should always focus on quality and uniqueness of your content, Google likes unique content.
- Keywords: Many newbies don’t concentrate on keyword research, and they publish the content without targeting any keywords. It crucial to do a proper keyword research and then write the content accordingly.
- Backlinks: There is still importance for quality backlinks, so every newbie should concentrate on building quality backlinks.
- No proper publishing schedule: Many newbies publish the content too frequently in the beginning, and they lose the interest after few weeks. So just create an action plan which has the content schedule and posts the articles accordingly.
- Using frames and Flash: If you use Flash on your website do make sure you have an HTML version of your site for the search engines.
- Using Automatic Search Engine Submission Tools – If you’re doing this, stop doing it, Google will penalize your site for this, and whenever someone opens your website Google will display them some warnings.
- Broken and hidden pages – Make sure your site doesn’t have any broken or hidden pages.
So these are some of the SEO mistakes which beginners make. These points should vary from person to person. In case if you are looking for more tips you may find useful resources from Google which is a click away. If you want to speed up your SEO process, you may want to try Singapore SEO services where the client is charged a nominal fee for the first SEO campaign.